NaaN Romba busyeeeeeeeeee....

5:35 AM / Posted by cutefreaky /

Enna da.. romba naal kazhichu blog panrennu indha titleaaaa?? Illa...appuram??

Oh yes you are right..most of you would have been reminded of the cute lil boy running around the house shouting at his mom this famous “junior horlicks” dialog…. ( trisha mattum nyapagathukku vandha maaakaley….i mean makkaley…avaloda payyana oru kutty payyan varuvaan andha adla)……..that dialog is true to fit to the frame of most of our lives. All of us are so busy with studies/work/sports/entertainment etc..that we forget one of the most important value : Courtesy

When we sit back at the end of the day and try to recall that entire day, we would realize that we have met so many people from dawn to dusk, who would have knowingly or unknowingly would have affected our life. Do you remember how many of them you spoke to and what you spoke to them or do you even remember looking up at some of their faces?? In our busy live style we have forgotten this essential moral value : courteousness. We meet so many people whose small actions might have helped us in survival of that day but then we would not have even said a “thank you” to them.

Oh my god…why am I writing about this topic ..well today I helped one guy in my work place. After about 20 minutes he added me to his IM and said “ thank you”. He was in a senior position than me and I was little surprised and asked if he wanted any other help. He replied saying that since I was not around when he left my table, he had added me to his IM to say “thank you”. He also added the additional comment that he did not want to be added into the categorized list of ‘morons’ who don’t have the time to even say “Thanks” once their job is done. Though it was none of my business, I tried to justify those people’s attitude saying that they might have been busy with their work tension that they might forget to thank for the small help extended to them. His reply was that if they could remember to breathe in their busy schedule, they should also be able to remember to be courteous.



Idhukkum namba kutty herokkum enna connection??? The habit of being polite or courteous should be cultivated at the age of our busyeeeeeeeeeeeeee boy.

Other than "thank you" other polite gestures like "Hi, how are you doing today?" or " Take care" or "Have a nice day" are commonly used by people in countries like US and UK. I can hear a lot of people reading this blog complaining that most of these people dont even wait for a response. I do agree to that, but these small gestures can sometimes brighten someone's day. Try it out and do let me know how you feel when you are polite to people around you.

Last but not the least - " "Keep smiling, you will never know who falls in love with your smile"

tata
take care
sukku :)

12 comments:

Comment by Prakash on 3:49 AM

Hi Sukhi
Found time to re write the post....
I tell TC or god bless u or other things like miss u or love u....straight from my heart....the thing i noticed here in this country(UK) is most people say those thing without even thinkingg and it is not in thier heart...it comes bcos they are used to it....
For me i alsways try to be nice to people and say things like that even to strangers even if I am having abad day and my mood is not good.....bcos it is not thier fault ur having a bad day or busy day...
Oops sorry it's a long one...
Nice post...keep it coming....
Prakash

Comment by monu on 5:21 AM

yep..but the thing is sometimes it sounds too formal!!

Comment by cutefreaky on 6:53 AM

@prakash..true that they say it just for the heck of it. Nice to know that you dont show ur mood to others. I dont know how good am at that.

@ monu...make it informal by personalising the same things. It all depends on how you say it. If you wait to get an answer for "how are you?" it becomes informal and if u walk away just asking that Q it is formal...difference is a small line...u can jump to whichever side you want to ;)

tata
sukku

Comment by Harshadanand on 11:34 AM

I see the picture of Junior Horlicks in your blog.I didnt read the contents but Horlicks did interest me to write to u. 36 years ago I was transferred to Banglore for two yrs. to Market and Promote the sale of Horlicks in South India. Perry & co. Madras was our sole selling agent for the South. I have never been able to figure out why Horlicks was so popular in the South and in the North no one cared for it. I had a funny experience in Kanpur when I went to see a doctor to promote Horlicks to his patients, he quietly took me to his back yard and showed me a Baffalo that was the source and reason of his and his family's good health......I had a good laugh....
If u know the answer, plz. let me know..
Parasher

Comment by Harshadanand on 12:32 PM

Sukhanya:
I read your blog. Very interesting. U have a good sense of humor. One phrase caught my eyes "Keep smiling you will never know who falls in love with your smile" 49 years ago I saw a smiling face and I smiled back and got stuck with the smile for the last 49 years......

Comment by cutefreaky on 4:56 PM

@parasher ( 1st comment f/b) : Welcome to my blog. Nice to note that people of your age are also reading such blogs.
I used to hate horlicks but this AD of horlicks is very famous among the kids in south india and I could not find any other pic related to that ad other than this one with the face of that same lil boy in ad.
Abt ...buffallo...sorry no idea....MAAAAAAAAAA
-------------------
@2nd comment :
Good sense of humor!#@$@$ bizarre...i felt little bad that i had posted something serious :(

"Keep smiling.." : it is something i get in my email fwds and thought of using it here....

49 yrs???? that face is stuck with you and inspite of that she is still smiling???? Oh my god...what a wonder??? (just kiddin...hahahahahaaaa)

take care...
(show this to your 49 yr frnd ;)
sukhanya

Comment by Harshadanand on 5:56 PM

Sukhanya:
The female face that smiled and I returned the smile is my wife.We are married 49 years. Next year we will complete half century of togetherness. I got your link from Swahilya's blog.Horlicks caught my eyes and I remembered my days in India some 36 years ago.
Wish u all the best.

Comment by saranyan r on 8:01 PM

well said sukhanya. even if people don't wait to hear your response, you still feel good when someone even bothers to ask you "How are you doing today". Its a good practise, just creates a positive attitude. sometimes I feel good when I greet someone.

good blogging.

Comment by Anand on 3:03 PM

Wow... nice one... the last punch line was wonderful... new to your site... i am watching this space...

Comment by ioiio on 7:53 PM

io Sukhs.. Ohm's lawkkum Heisenberg uncertainty equationkkum mudichi pottu vitta feeling...

Enga Irundhu Enga Jumping.. Kalaaasarey Po..

Comment by cutefreaky on 7:56 PM

@ioiio
heheheee..ellam unga training thaan thalai..blogla neenga thaan senior...follwn ur foot steps..my foot size may not match urs though...

take care
sukku

Comment by ~phobiac~ on 11:20 PM

ah sukhanya !.....horlicks-a !!....I still have that in the mornings....shifted to boost for a month...and now back to Hor !.....

and yenna first overlaye sixer !....nice post !....

@Parasher..

really ?.....horlicksz not preferred in the north ?.....bad for them !

Post a Comment